After the results declaration of JEE Main 2019 Entrance Exam, all the qualified candidates are a call for counseling/admission process conducted by JoSAA Joint Seat Allocation Authority. For any counseling information, JoSAA is the responsibility to declaration and announcement not only JEE Main also seat prescribed organizer of JEE (Advanced) and CSAB entrance exams. Candidates can get any latest announcement of JoSAA through online mode, read the below article fully to get JEE Main exam counseling dates, procedures, seat reservation etc.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 97 institutes for the academic year. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
Registration Procedures in JoSAA
All candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) are eligible to register for seat allocation in NIT+ system (except IITs).
All candidates who have declared qualified in JEE (Adv) are eligible to register for seat allocation in all participating Institutes.
- Filling-in of choices: Candidates may fill in their choices of Institutes and branches in decreasing order of their preference. Candidates are strongly urged to fill-in as many choices as possible.
- Locking of choices: Candidates MUST “lock” their choices. For candidates who do NOT lock their choices, their last saved choices will be locked automatically when the time-window for filling-in of choices closes.
- Number of rounds of seat allocation: JoSAA will conduct seven rounds that are 1st through 7th rounds of seat allocation for academic programs offered by Institutes under JoSAA.
- Seat acceptance: Candidates allotted a seat must pay the seat acceptance fee (through e-Challan/SBI Net Banking) and get the documents verified at any reporting center (josaa.nic.in) for provisional seat acceptance.
- Participation in subsequent rounds: A candidate is required to fill option for ‘freeze’, ‘slide’ or ‘float’ the choice of academic program.
- Dual Reporting: If in a subsequent round, a candidate’s allotment from NIT+ system changes to an IIT, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at an IIT reporting centre, similarly if a candidate’s allotment from IIT changes to an NIT+ system, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at any NIT+ reporting centre, failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats allocated in both NIT+ system and IIT.
- Withdraw option: A candidate, who has already accepted a seat, can withdraw the seat by reporting at a reporting center before the seventh round of seat allocation.
JEE Main 2019 Counseling Procedures Dates (Tentatively)
|S.No||JEE Main 2017 Counselling Events||Important Dates (Expected)|
|1||Commencement of registration & choice filling process||June 15, 2019 (10:00 am)|
|2||Display of mock seat allocation 1 based on choices filled-in by candidates on June 20, 2019, by 5:00 pm||June 20, 2019 (5:00 pm)|
|3||Display of mock seat allocation 2 based on choices filled-in by candidates on June 23, 2019, by 5:00 pm||June 23, 2019 (5:00 pm)|
|4||Last date for registration & choice filling||June 26, 2019 (5:00 pm)|
|5||Reconciling the data, allocating seats, verifying and validating||June 27, 2018|
|6||First round of JEE Main 2019 seat allotment||June 28, 2019 (10:00 am)|
|7||Acceptance of seats by reporting at the center||June 29 to July 3, 2019 (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)|
|8||Second Round of Seat Allotment: (a) Display of seats filled/available seats (b) 2nd round of seat allotment||July 4, 2019, 10:00 am 5:00 pm|
|9||Acceptance/withdrawal of seat by reporting at the center||July 5 to 6, 2019 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
|10||Third Round of Seat Allotment: (a) Display of seats filled/available seats, (b) 3rd round of seat allotment||July 7, 2019, 10:00 am 5:00 pm|
|11||Acceptance/withdrawal of seat by reporting at the center||July 8 & 9, 2019 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
|12||Fourth Round of Seat Allotment: (b) 4th round of seat allotment||July 10, 2019, 10:00 am 5:00 pm|
|13||Acceptance/withdrawal of seat by reporting at the center||July 11 & 12, 2019 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
|14||Fifth Round of Seat Allotment: (a) Display of seats filled/available seats (b) 5th round of seat allotment||July 13, 2019, 10:00 am 5:00 pm|
|15||Withdrawal/ Seat Allotment acceptance and reporting to center||July 14, 2019 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
|16||Sixth Round of Seat Allotment: (a) Display of seats filled/available seats, (b) 6th round of seat allotment||July 15, 2019, 10:00 am 5:00 pm|
|17||Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to help centre||July 16 & 17, 2019 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
|18||Seventh Round of Seat Allotment: (a) Display of seats filled/available seats (b) 7th round of seat allotment||July 18, 2019, 10:00 am 1:00 pm|
|19||Seat allotment acceptance and reporting to center||July 19, 2019 (10:00 am to 5:00 pm)|
JEE Main Counseling
The JEE Main entrance exam counseling organized by JoSAA, candidates can get admission in any top colleges based on their marks obtained in the entrance exam. We have enlisted the expected important dates are given in above table. All the qualified candidates should attend the JoSAA counseling/admission to get admission in various top colleges in India level in the field of engineering. At the time of counseling, some of the documents are necessary to submit, there are
- Candidates three passport size photographs uploaded at registration
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card
- Date of birth proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
Check JEE Main 2019 Counseling