- All candidates can check their ranks by entering their application number or DOB (if application number is unknown)
- Any discrepancies in marks or other critical data should be brought to our attention within 48 hours. You may send the details by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only discrepancies in marks may be sent to this e-mail and avoid making any other requests. The subject matter of this e-mail must clearly mention: “Application Error”.
- In the event of any change in marks due to revaluation, candidates are advised to scan and send their new mark list immediately to email@example.com with subject matter being “Revaluation Change.” The e-mail must reach by June 20, 2018. The new rank will be intimated to the applicant with advice on counselling based on new rank. A copy of the new mark sheet or official approved communication of change of marks is to be provided during the time of counselling.
General instructions for counselling
- The counselling for admission to the B. Tech. / M.Tech. (Intg.) programmes at SASTRA Campus in Thanjavur will be held at SASTRA campus in Thanjavur on June 21, 22, 23 & 24 of 2018. A copy of the counselling call letter can be downloaded or printed from website while checking for rank. It will not be sent by post
- Please note that this is the first round of counselling and the 2nd round will be conducted based on vacancy position. The details for the 2nd round of counselling will be available at www.sastra.edu on June 23 (Stream 1) & June 24 (for Stream 2), 2018 at 9:00 p.m.
- Students and parents are advised not to be misguided by touts and middlemen claiming ‘proximity’ to the Admissions Office. The entire process will be transparent and vacancy position will be updated in the website as frequently as possible during the days of counselling
- As already indicated, admission will be based on ranks secured under two streams:
- Stream 1: This Rank List is based on normalised +2 marks and JEE Main scores calculated with 75% and 25% weightage respectively. Admission will be based on the rank secured by the applicant and against availability of seats during the time of counselling. This is for 70% of the total seats.
- Stream 2: This Rank list is based on normalised +2 marks and allotment of seats will be based on the rank secured and availability of seats during the time of counselling. This is for the remaining 30% seats.
- All applicants will have an All India Rank (AIR). In addition, students who have completed their 10th and +2 in schools situated in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry will be allotted Tamil Nadu Rank (TN Rank) also. Allotment of the seats will be based on AIR and TN Rank. 20% of the seats are allotted to students who have completed 10th and +2 from schools in Thanjavur (TNJ) and Trichy (TRY) districts (10% + 10%). Such students will also be given a TNJ / TRY Rank
- Stream 1 counselling will be held on June 21-23, 2018
- Stream 2 counselling is on June 24, 2018
- Candidates called for counselling purely on All India Rank will also include students having TN & TNJ / TRY Ranks. Please note that students with TN / TRY / TNJ Ranks and excellent AIR will be admitted under the All India category only
|Counselling Day : June 21, 2018
Candidate X AIR 1 TN Rank 234
Candidate Y AIR 685 TN Rank 235
- If candidate X (eligible under TN category also) opts for a particular branch of engineering during admissions, he / she will be admitted under the All India category. If candidate X chooses the last available seat, then candidate Y will still get a chance of securing admission in the same branch by virtue of being eligible under the TN category. This illustration holds good for TNJ/TRY eligible students also.
- The Admissions office has published the rank list based on information in the application forms received. In the event, data submitted is wrong or entered wrong inadvertently, admission will be based on correct data only. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they are eligible for TN / TNJ / TRY category. If the applicant is found ineligible during the counselling session, the application will be considered invalid despite ranks being allotted
- A candidate may be eligible for counselling under both the streams. Under these circumstances, he/she will be called for both the counselling. The candidate can get admitted to the desired branch during the Stream 1 counselling. In the event, there is no availability of seats during Stream 1 counselling in the desired branch, the candidate may either get admitted to a different branch and attend Stream 2 counselling in which he/she may get transferred to the first choice, if available. The candidate can also decide not to get admitted and attend Stream 2 counselling as per the schedule available in the website. The candidate can also skip Stream 1 counselling and attend Stream 2 alone or vice-versa, if he or she desires so
- The presence of candidate during the time of counselling is compulsory. If due to any unavoidable circumstances, the candidate is not able to attend; either the father or the mother or legal guardian with proper documents will have to attend the counselling.
- Candidate will have to report 30 minutes before the start of the counselling session. Late-comers will be allowed only during the next batch and can seek admission only for the branches available during that time. Any candidate who misses the entire day cannot appear for any of the subsequent counselling sessions.
- Candidates are informed that they should have enough copies of the original mark sheets, transfer certificate, conduct certificate, migration certificate and other documents before they submit the original during the time of counselling.
- If any candidate has secured admission in a different institution & is unable to produce original documents, he/she is expected to bring a copy of the admission letter, acknowledgement from the institution for receiving documents and fee receipt
- If vacancy persists after 2nd round, the 3rd round will be for all the seats merged under different categories and be filled based on combined score only on a chosen day notified in the website
- More number of students than the available seats are called for counselling. Mere call for counselling does not guarantee admission and is subject to availability of seats. You are advised to check the seat status at www.sastra.edu before you attend the counselling. If necessary, updates may also be sent to mobile phones.
- You are advised to be prepared to stay until 8:00 p.m. on your counselling day in the event of any delay
- In the event of being admitted to a particular branch, the candidate must pay the following fees only in the form of Demand Draft, favouring SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur.
|1)||Tuition fees||Rs 65,000/- (per semester)|
|2)||Development fees||Rs 10,000/- (one time payment at the time of admission)|
|3)||Miscellaneous||Rs 7,000/- (one time payment at the time of admission)|
A single Demand Draft for Rs 82,000/- favouring SASTRA University payable at Thanjavur should be taken.
For candidates requiring hostel facilities, the following is the applicable fee:
|1)||Hostel fees||Rs 8,000/- (per year)|
|2)||Caution Deposit||Rs 2,000/- (Refundable)|
|3)||Admission Fees||Rs 100/-|
- A separate Demand Draft for Rs 10,100/- must be taken. Hostel admission is subject to availability and preference would be given for outstation students. Students residing within a radius of 75 km from SASTRA will not be provided hostel accommodation.
Demand Drafts must be in favour of SASTRA payable at Thanjvaur only.
Documents to be submitted during counselling:
- 10th Mark Sheet,+2 Mark sheet, JEE Score Card, Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, Migration Certificate (if applicable) and two recent passport photo (colour with application number at back)
- Once the allotment of branch is made, it cannot be changed under any circumstances. However, sliding will be done against vacancy after the I year and based on I year CGPA.
- Candidates are also advised to note that this counselling is held under Streams 1 & 2. The fee structure and all other requirements are the same.
Guest House Accommodation
You can also make a request for guest house accommodation and allotment will be subject to availability. The check-in time is 8:00 p.m. on the day preceding your counselling session and the check-out time is 6:00 p.m on the day of counselling. Accommodation will be provided for one day only and you can register for the same here ——-